Pregnant Mother Sucks Snake Venom from Bitten Son’s Leg

Pregnant Mother Sucks Snake Venom from Bitten Son’s Leg

An expectant mother in California attempted to suck rattlesnake venom out of her 4 year old son’s ankle after the boy had been bitten when accidentally stepping on the snake during a hike.

The pair were hiking a trial in Folsom, just outside Sacramento, when the bite occurred.

She saw two puncture wounds on her son and noted that his ankle had started to balloon and had turned purple.

Jaclyn credits her swift actions to episodes of Bonanza, where the actors would often respond to snake bite by manually sucking out the snake venom.

Heath officials told those at the station not to attempt sucking out the venom. Instead, they advised that they call 911 immediately and clean the wound with soap and water until paramedics arrived.

The mother and her unborn child were not affected by exposure to the venom, and the bitten toddler is expected to make a full recovery.

Rattlesnake sightings are up across the city, due in large part to the recent bout of warm, dry weather throughout the area.

Another child, a 2 year old girl, was also bitten in the suburban San Francisco area by a rattlesnake on Tuesday night.

The girl, who has not been identified, was playing in the backyard of her home at the time, located in East San Francisco, at approximately 8pm when she was attacked by the snake.

Josh Andrews, Chief of Contra Costa Fire Battalion, said crews found the snake nearby.

According to officials, the toddler was treated at the scene before being transported by helicopter to UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, Oakland. At the time of writing the Child’s condition has so far not been released by the hospital.